New Foundations of Meditation Class starting in February

by cheryl on November 13, 2012

in Classes, Events and Classes

Foundations of Meditation –   Join Janaki Pierson for an introduction to silent, seated, mantra-based meditation.  The course will help establish the participants in the daily practice of meditation to experience the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits.  Each class is 90 minutes and includes a 20 minute silent meditation.

Instructor Janaki Pierson has taught silent, sitting, yogic meditation using mantra for over 30 years.  She has been established in her own daily practice for 36 years.  She teaches throughout New England and Pennsylvania in medical, educational, corporate and community settings.  She has taught up to six meditation classes weekly through various departments of Greenwich Hospital over the past 18 years, as well as weekly classes at the Woodbury Yoga Center for 30 years.

The course starts in February on either Wednesday mornings, Wednesday evenings or Thursday afternoons.  Exact times and locations TBA.  Please contact Janaki Pierson at janaki1@juno.com if you are interested in joining any of these classes.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Laura Siegel December 8, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hi Cheryl –
I’m interested in the Foundations course and Thursday afternoon would be my preference – perfect, actually. Thanks.

Laura

cheryl January 10, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Hi Laura,
Thanks for contacting us. We are working now to organize several new classes for the winter. Janaki is currently in India, so it is taking some time to organize her classes. I will put you on her mailing list as well. Please check our website each week, as we will post new class times and schedules as they are finalized. Thanks for your interest. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Lori Rotskoff December 13, 2012 at 10:22 am

can you let me know about the wed. morning option for the class with janaki? i may be able to swing it. how many weeks is it and what is the exact time and place? lmk when you have the details. thx so much! 🙂

cheryl January 10, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Hi Lori.

shelly blaufeux December 31, 2012 at 11:14 am

hello,
i am really interested in bringing meditation into my life. i would be able to do an early wed class (8am??) or wed night class (anytime after 630pm??). please let me know if either of those options can work. thanks.

cheryl January 10, 2013 at 2:00 pm

We are working with Janaki to set up a new class schedule. I am forwarding on to her your contact information. She is in India now and may take some time to get back to us. Please check our website frequently as well to see updated class times. We are working on organizing several new classes this winter. Thanks for your interest and feel free to contact me with any questions.